The Teleki burial vault

The Teleki burial vault of Gorneşti was built in 1764 in baroque style, in the immediate vicinity of the reformed church. The burial vault has a rectangular shape with south-north orientation and with a ridged roof truss. The entrance is on the eastern side of the building. The burial vault was abandoned by the family and it was donated to the reformed church, which used it as a granary. In the 20th century the building was renovated and turned into a chapel.

The new burial vault of the family was built in 1886. Situated on a hill close to the village, at a considerable distance from the palace, the burial vault is a building with a triangular facade, surrounded by trees. Seven steps of stairs lead to the door framed by a white marble front with two Corinthian capitals framing the inscription: [in the tomb there is no pain, there is no life]. The burial vault was built 10 years after the death of count Teleki Domokos, probably on the initiative of the countess of Margit Bethlen.